St. Michael's House #Covid-19 update - April 30th
St. Michael' House are working with the HSE and Public Health Services during this Covid-19 National Emergency .
We are an essential service and we are working with all teams to keep some levels of service to the people who use our services in this unprecedented time.
Please note that we will be operating on the principle that restrictions may last for many weeks beyond May 5th.
However, we will update the information of any changes from this date.
St. Michael's House;
- have started a series of webinars support sessions for our Residential staff teams for updates on topics like: Infection Control Reminders , Service users and Staff testing , HIQA updates, Site Preparedness, Protection of People. Supported staff, supported services.
- established a Covid-19 Testing Steering Group to support staff and services
- have developed a new service within St Michael’s House named, Belcamp Nua, which is developed in response to COVID19. It is designed to be a specialist area for service users in St.Michael's House residential houses who require additional care and closer observation if and while unwell.
- produced a PPE and a detailed Hand Hygiene Video by staff for all staff . This is a nationwide resource and accessible from our www.smh.ie homepage
- have button access on our website homepage for Adult and Family Supports for online support to Families at Home. These are detailed supports from our clinician teams.
- have button access on our website homepage for Children, Young Persons and Family Supports for online support to Families at Home. These are detailed supports from our clinician teams.
- are piloting an online Activity Hub resource for families to offer supports on : stay active, have fun, self care supports.
- have issued regular FAQ's, Frequently Asked Questions, to Families and Service users
- have issued updated information to staff who maybe pregnant during Covid-19 Pandemic
- have supplied staff with support information and updates on Covid-19 pandemic
- have planning in place for a internal communication platform to allow remote or relocated staff to access organisation news and updates remotely at any time. Supported staff, supported services.
- are continuing Governance structures and processes with St. Michael's House Board Meetings online
- are working with other Intellectual Disability agencies/organisations and the HSE on planning supports of service for 2020.
- have increased office space availability and continue to ensure Social Distancing is in place and staggered work hours available
- will provide regular updates on www.smh.ie/Covid-19 and social media - @St.MichaelsHouse. Please print and share this information for any persons linked to St.Michael's House but has no online access. This is the fastest and most timely method of communication at this time.
Families are working with the staff teams at a local level but if there are any additional questions - email@example.com
Where do I get more Information CoronaVirus/ COVID-19 ?
For all clear guidelines on the CoronaVirus/ COVID-19-
Please visit the
Dedicated Healthcare worker COVID-19 helpline (Callsave 1850 420 420).