About St. Michael’s House
St. Michael’s House provides a comprehensive range of services and supports to men, women, and children with intellectual disabilities and their families in 170 locations in the greater Dublin Area. It supports 1,953 people and this has an impact on thousands of family members. St. Michael’s House is a company funded by the Health Service Executive (HSE), TUSLA and the Department of Education and Skills. (Figures from 1st May 2021)
St. Michael’s House supports include;
- Residential supports and Independent living
- Clinical supports
- Day supports
- Respite supports and
- Vocational training services.
St. Michael’s House is committed to delivering services and supports based on the needs, wishes and choices of people with an intellectual disability, based in that communities and connected to natural support networks.
Our values are to:
- be person centred – to offer a range of activities to support individuals who use our service
- be professional – this means being skilled, competent and proficient
- be honest – this means following principles and being dependable in all that we do
- be ethical – this means that we operate with integrity
- have high standards of governance – to offer effective systems of management and
- be innovative – to provide new thinking and deliver creative solutions.
A world where the potential of each individual with an intellectual disability is achieved.
Support individuals with intellectual disabilities to achieve their potential and live as independently as possible in ordinary places in the community connected to natural support networks.
St. Michael’s House Strategic Plan 2017-2021
St. Michael’s House Strategic Plan 2017-2021 is based on research, environmental analysis and an extensive consultation process with:
- service users
- their families
- funders, and
- regulators such as Health Information and Quality Authority ( HIQA )
It has also been shaped by discussion and debate with Policy and Planning Committee members, and Board feedback on previous drafts. St. Michael’s House has six high-level goals which are outlined in our Plan.