St. Michael's House and the CoronaVirus/ COVID-19
2nd March 2020- Communication
As you area aware CoronaVirus/ COVID-19 is a new virus. For the vast majority of people COVID-19 is a short lived illness which can cause: - High temperature, shortness of breath and cough as the most common symptoms from which people make a full recovery.
Currently there is 1 confirmed case in the Republic of Ireland.
What St. Michael's House are doing about the CoronaVirus/ COVID-19 ?
St. Michaels House has established a steering committee in anticipation and preparation for CoronaVirus /COVID 19 arriving and spreading in Dublin. This Committee update regularly.
St. Michael's House are advised by the World Health Organisation, the European Centre for Disease Control and the Health Protection Surveillance Centre.
St. Michael's House ;
- are communicating with their staff teams regularly
- have Issued FAQ's to staff on the Virus
- have produced Hand Hygiene stands/ signs and guidelines to all staff teams.
- have some protective clothing and are working with suppliers
- are making contingency plans throughout the organisation
- have completed Easy to Read guidelines for the people who use our services
- will provide regular updates on www.smh.ie and social media - @St.MichaelsHouse .
In the event of an outbreak in St. Michael's House we will advise next steps on a case by case basis.
This website will be kept updated for our Staff, Service Users, Families and Community.