Working with us
St. Michaels House Nurse Recruitment March. #SMHNurseCareers
We are seeking Nurses or 4th year RNID Student Nurses interested in talking to us about Nurse career opportunities in Dublin.
Our Nurse Recruitment 2019 location and dates. No need to register just come along to meet us.
|Letterkenny||March 4th||Venue Poster|
|Sligo||March 5th||Venue Poster|
|Galway||March 6th||Venue Poster|
|Limerick||March 11th||Venue Poster|
|Cork||March 12th||Venue Poster|
|Waterford||March 13th||Venue Poster|
In St. Michael’s House we look after our employees as one of our most valuable assets. It's this sense of value that makes our employees feel welcome. We offer flexible work practices, training and development, and opportunity for career progression.
We act as a leader in the provision of community-based services to children and adults with intellectual disabilities and their families.
St. Michael’s House continues to be an employer of choice, with a workforce of 1,768 staff representing over 55 different grades and professions. St. Michael’s House continues to create a positive working environment with our profile of 84% female and 16% male employees.
We have a large diverse range of health and social care progression, nursing professionals, clinicians, administration, support staff across St. Michael’s House which pans over 170 locations across the greater Dublin area. We employ services in disciplines;
- Social Care
- Direct Support Workers
- Psychology Support Workers
- Autism Support Workers
- Assistant Psychologists
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Support Staff
As a leader in the development and provision of community based services for people with an Intellectual Disability we are a progressive employer.
St. Michael’s House is a very special place to work in and we care greatly about our staff, their wellbeing, their engagement with us and their development and achievements within their careers. In addition to the comprehensive training and development opportunities offered to staff, we also offer a wide range of benefits including: Various leave options, flexible working policies, superannuation scheme, employee assistance programme, employee engagement initiatives, taxsaver schemes, access to the Health Services Staff Credit Union, access to the Hospital Saturday Fund, sick pay schemem and associated benefits to name only a few.
Some Highlights from 2017
- 25 Members on first Employee Engagement was established. This cross organisation staff committee present on the importance of enhancement of employee engagement.
- 300 Staff participated in the Lunchtime Mile and “Healthy Eating” events as part of the National Workplace Wellbeing Day on 31st March to endeavour to improve employee wellbeing through promoting better exercise and nutrition in the workplace.
- 1 CNSp Acute Hospital Liaison Nurse appointed. Our first essential role to support services users who live in St. Michael’s House who transfer to acute hospitals. The appointment was funded by Nursing Midwifery Planning Development Unit (NMPDU).
- 1 CNM1 Nurse appointed as a joint project with St. Michael’s House Occupational Therapy Department and Nursing Department - to address postural management issues for service users. The appointment was funded by Nursing Midwifery Planning Development Unit (NMPDU).