March 19th Update- St. Michael's House and the CoronaVirus/ COVID-19
Please remember- For the vast majority of people COVID-19 is a short lived illness which can cause: - High temperature, shortness of breath and cough as the most common symptoms from which people make a full recovery.
Currently there is 557 cases in the Republic of Ireland.
St. Michaels House steering committee are updating regularly on the CoronaVirus /COVID 19 arriving and spreading in Dublin. We are working hour by hour as our Healthcare landscape changes. We are working as best we can to # Flatten the Curve.
St. Michael's House are advised by the World Health Organisation, the European Centre for Disease Control and the Health Protection Surveillance Centre.
St. Michael's House ;
- have completed FAQ's for Families on their family member and services
- CEO has addressed our supporting community by video
- have produced a detailed Hand Hygiene video for everyone to view and learn from
- have completed staff FAQ's about redeployment and roles to support services
- have staff contingency plans on work rosters which is a continual process
- have supplied staff and service users with Mental Health - staff wellbeing information
- are continually informing staff on any HSE Covid-19 Virus updates, protocols and procedures
- are making business contingency plans throughout the organisation for all our services
- have got some more supplies this week and are waiting on another delivery of protective clothing
- have completed Easy to Read Guides for the people who use our services
- will provide regular updates on www.smh.ie/Covid-19 and social media - @St.MichaelsHouse. Please print and share this information for any persons linked to St.Michael's House but has no online access. This is the fastest and most timely method of communication at this time.
Families are working with the staff teams at a local level but if there are any additional questions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Where do I get more Information CoronaVirus/ COVID-19 ?
For all clear guidelines on the CoronaVirus/ COVID-19-
Please visit the