St. Michael's House Corporate Volunteer Programme - Get Involved!!
The programme welcomes employees from corporate companies to volunteer to any one of our 170 Units for intellectual disability based in the Greater Dublin area.
The aim of the programme is for staff to complete a worthwhile project and to become more knowledgeable about how people with Intellectual Disability can positively contribute to society.
To date, St. Michael's House have welcomed an average of 1,000 staff from some of Ireland's leading companies including: - Accenture, Bank of Ireland, Boots Pharmancy, KPMG, Northern Trust, Ulster Bank, Deloitte & Touche, Ulster Bank, Vodafone, Microsoft amongst others.
What happens on a typical day?
- All necessary equipment is provided, including gloves, tools etc
- Health & Safety forms and public liability insurance are referenced
- Goody bags and tee-shirts are provided
- Lunch and transport of volunteers are at a cost to the visiting corporate
- Hours worked are in line with normal office hours (9am to 5pm)
A detailed plan of activity is agreed in advance. Volunteers work alongside service users within the Unit where possible. We wish for staff to understand the work of St. Michael's House in their community.
This initiative is sponsored by KPMG and supported by BITC.
Please download the full brochure below.