The Open Training College is a division of St. Michael's House providing training for staff and managers throughout Ireland working in the field of disability and the wider non-profit/voluntary/human services sectors.
Offering a range of courses up to honours degree level, the Open Training College provides students with options to acquire qualifications on a part-time basis through distance education, skills workshops/seminars, one-to-one tutorials and many more resources supported by a virtual learning environment, MyOTC. To date over 3,000 students have participated in courses at the college with over 600 students currently enrolled.
The college is unique in that all its courses are specifically designed and structured to reflect the needs of staff working in the area of disability or the wider non-profit sector enabling them to acquire new skills and keep up to date with international best practice.
The OTC launch wide range of accredited Continuing Professional Development modules this autumn. Click here for more information and a CPD Application Form.
Courses offered by the college include:
- Honours BA in Applied Social Studies (Disability)
- BA Ordinary in Applied Social Studies (Disability)
- Certificate in Applied Management (Non-Profit/Human Services)
- Higher Certificate in Applied Management (Non-Profit/Human Services)
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Management (Non-Profit/Human Services)
- Foundation Diploma in Training and Education in Supported Employment
- Essential Management Skills
- SKILL (Securing Knowledge Intra Lifelong Learning)